Marc PachecoMobile: 0797 324 3783,
Download a pdf of my cv
I am a passionate, client-side architect with a strong sensibility for problem solving and systems design. I’m excited by building systems that enable developers to be productive, allowing teams to ship software quickly with fewer bugs and thereby enabling the features the product team wants.
Songkick, client-side architect
Songkick is the largest concert discovery platform in the world, serving over 17 million visitors a month. In my role as client-side architect, I’ve been responsible for building a ticketing platform, architecting Songkick.com, leading teams, advising on how to make products, and deciding when and how to deprecate and shut down products.
- Designed and implemented a migration from a monolithic codebase to a soa architecture, allowing Songkick.com to scale from 400,000 to over 17 million monthly visitors. This allowed the team to move to a continuous delivery process, increasing releases to production from two a month to, 10+ releases per day.
- Designed the page and component model used throughout Songkick’s products, which encapsulates functionality allowing developers to make self-contained changes with confidence.
- Technical lead for Songkick’s ticketing project, spearheading a domain-driven design approach where we developed a general admission ticketing platform in five weeks. This was extended over the next two years to support reserved seating and paper tickets.
- Post-merger with CrowdSerge, lead a team focused on re-architecting the artist ticketing product, simplifying the product and the platform it ran on. This re-architecture allowed us to sell over 200,000 tickets for Adele’s record-breaking 2016–2017 world tour.
The Guardian, lead client-side developer
- Established coding practices and development philosophy.
- I helped build the client-side team to five members.
- Line-managed two members of the client-side team.
- I have more detail of what did on my work page.
Freelance web development
I worked for: Victoria Real (on Ladbrokes poker website); Wunderman interactive on xbox emails and msdn; dlkw (now part of MullenLowe London) on the Halifax website; multiple sites for Poke including Orange Entertainment; wheel: on Uniliver; Type 45 for BAE Systems; the H.Samuel and Ernest Jones websites for Signet.
Training For Life
I performed a dual role: developing websites for Designing for life and teaching computer office applications.
EasyEverything Internet Store
My role as tutor and assistant deputy manager included helping customers and cashing up daily.
Big Pictures (photo library)
Apple Macintosh operator and general Mac user support work.
Talks and Blog posts
Education and Qualifications
nvq Level 2 Computer networking installation and maintenance of NovelNetware networks.
Queen Mary and Westfield College Aero Eng Year 1 and 2
‘A’ level Economics via correspondence
Portuguese ‘A’ level equivalent in Mathematics
Portuguese ‘O’ level equivalent in: Portuguese, English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry, Geography and Philosophy